By Allan Damba
Ghanian skipper Andre Morgan Rami Ayew alias Dede Ayew is expected to earn a whopping wage in the region of £200k weekly(tax free) if he completes his move at club Al-Saad according to Ghana Soccernet.
The 31 year old is expected to finalize a move to the Qatari outfit from English Football League side Swansea City FC where he spent three years.
Ayew will rank fourth on the list of the top African footballers who take home exorbitant wages from teams across the globe.
However, given the fact that he is tax-free, he may well be at the very top as the rest have an almost 50% tax cut.
At the apex of the elite list is Arsenal and Gabon captain Pierre Emerick Aubameyang who takes home £350,000 every week.
Chinese-based and Congolese forward Cedric Bakambu who plays at Beijing Guan comes second with a huge £307,000 and is followed by another Arsenal player, Ghanian Thomas Partey who earns £230,000.
Others who complete the list include Riyadh Mahrez and Mohammed Salah who both pocket £200,000 whereas Nigerian Odion Ighalo who trades his game Al Shabab in Saudi Arabia is on a tax-free lump sum of £190,000.
Liverpool and Senegalese star Sadio Mane takes home £150,000 and is closely followed by Arsenal’s Nicholas Pepe (£140,000) and Crystal Palace’s Wilfred Zaha on £130,000.
Ayew has featured for several sides across Europe in Lorient(loan 2009), Arles-Avignon(loan,2010), Olympique Marseille (2015), Swansea(two spells 2016 and 2018), Westham(2018) and Fenerbahce(loan, 2019).
The brother to Crystal Palace forward Jordan Ayew is only six caps away from making it a century for the Ghanian senior team.
Top ten before Ayew
- Pierre Emerick Aubameyang (Arsenal, Gabon)- £350,000 weekly
- Cedric Bakambu (Beijing Guan, DR Congo)-£307,000 weekly
- Thomas Partey (Arsenal, Ghana)-£230,000 weekly
- Mohammed Salah(Liverpool, Egypt)-£200,000 weekly
- Riyadh Mahrez( Manchester City, Algeria)-£200,000 weekly
- Odion Ighalo(Al Shaabab, Saudi Arabia)-£190,000
- Sadio Mane(Liverpool, Senegal)-£150,000
- Nicholas Pepe(Arsenal, Ivory coast)-£140,000
- Wilfred Zaha(Crystal Palace, Ivory coast)-£130,000
- Naby Keita(Liverpool, Guinea)-£120,000
Source: Ghana Soccernet