The round of sixteen of the third edition of Fufa Women Cup commences on Sunday as teams from Victoria Group of the Fufa Women Elite League meet at MUBS Nakawa.
She Corporate host Muteesa in a fixture thought to be tough for the home team as they will be looking for their first victory in their last four meetings against the University side.
Last year’s runner-ups She Corporate will have to show a master class performance as they did against Ajax Queens at the round of 32, Muteesa eliminated Lango Queens on penalties at the same stage.
She corporate sit third with fourteen point while Muteesa sit fifth with twelve points on the eight team team.
“Sunday’s game will be tricky for us but we are going to do our best and we hope at the end of the game, we will be at the next stage,” She Corporate head coach Ali Zinda told www.foootball-256.com.
“We have failed to score in our last two meetings but this time round we will score because we have revised our problem,” he added.
Muteesa head coach Augustine Walusimbi is also eager to see team knockout She Corporate at this stage.
“This is a knockout competition, that means anything can happen and my team is ready to win Sunday’s game come what may,” Walusimbi said before revealing his game strategy.
“Penalties are part of this tournament because one has to go home winner, we have trained them and that means if we fail to win in 90 minutes we shall on penalties.”
- Muteesa has never failed to go past this stage in the last two editions
- She Corprates played in the quarters and finals in 2017 and 2018 respectively
- She Corprates have not won a game in their last four outings, losing once and drawing thrice in their last four meetings against Muteesa
- Muteesa has just won twice drawing twice and losing once in their last five outings this season
- She Corporates has managed to win just twice in the last six home games this season drawing thrice and losing once
- This will be the second meeting of the teams in the Fufa Women Cup, they first met on the semi finals in 2018 where She Corporates won on penalties after a one all draw at Wankulukuku
Fufa Women Cup fixtures
Olila High School vs Kawempe Muslim Ladies FC
Uganda Martyrs High School Lubaga vs Divine Girls
Makerere University vs Asubo Gafford
Kawempe Junior Team vs Mwanda Foundation
Bunyaruguru Girls vs Tooro Queens FC
Kampala Queens vs Lady Doves
Sagich Royal vs Echos High School
She Corporates vs Muteesa I Royal University