The FUFA Women’s Cup is at the quarterfinal stage but She Corporate head coach Ali Ali has not once but on many occasions insisted the trophy is theirs to lose.
Ahead of their last eight tie against Uganda Martyrs’ at Lubiri SS, Zinda revealed to www.football-256.com that the championship is the easiest to win.
“FUFA Women Cup is the easiest trophy to win, you will never see a team you knocked out back in the same cup and other teams help you knock out other opponents,” Zinda said on Tuesday.
” It’s the trophy where we have high chances of winning, my players are set just that we have few injury worries and am sure all of them will be okay for Wednesday’s game,” Zinda added.
He also talked about their scoring worry and he said it is one of the things they have worked on and he expects more goals against Uganda Martyrs.
“We have been scoring one goal in our last two games in this tournament and we have tried to solve that problem and for that I expect more than one goal.”
A win for She Corporate will be their second consecutive season to reach the semi-finals of the competition after losing last season’s final to UCU Lady Cardinals.
- She Corporate have scored just two goals in their last two games in the FUFA Women Cup this season
- Uganda Martyrs have scored 11 goals, five on average in their last two games in the competition this season
- Uganda Martyrs skipper Shadia Nankya is the leading goal scorer in this year’s tournament with seven goals in two games
- She Corporate have knocked out Ajax Queens and Muteesa 1 Royal University at the round of 32 and 16 respectively but all at home to reach this season’s last eight
- Uganda Martyrs have knocked out Watoto Girls and Devine Girls at the round of 32 and 16 respectively but all at home to reach this season’s last eight.
- Uganda Martyrs have won all the last two meetings against She Corporates scoring six and conceding four and that came in the 2016/17 season of the FUFA Women Elite League.