Ajax queens FC hopes to reach the playoffs of the FUFA Women Elites’ Women League for the first time, one of the teams standing in their way is Kawempe Muslim, and the two teams meet on Saturday at Buddo SS.
The football Queens will be looking for their first win against the four time champions and a win for the home team will take them third on the table temporarily as they monitor results from elsewhere.
A win for Kawempe Muslim during the weekend will seal their place in the last four which will be their fifth straight time since the league started in 2015.
“We play to win every game that is what we train for and we are coming to win come Saturday. Kawempe Muslim head coach Ayub Khalifah told www.football-256.com.
“Ajax Queens is a strong team and they always put up a good fight though much as we always pick points, it has not been easy in our last three meetings.” Ayub added.
Ajax queens head coach Michael Natima believes it won’t be an easy game but will do everything possible to get the three points.
“The game is going to be tough, really tough, we are playing the defending champion who have a good record against us but we are going to do the best to get the three points.”
“We know what a win during the weekend mean to us, we fail to win that will damage our chances to reach playoffs,” He added
- Kawempe Muslim has won all the last three meetings against Ajax Queens, scoring five and conceding none
- Kawempe Muslim has conceded just one goal in the league and that came in their one all draw against Lady Doves in the opening match this season
- Ajax Queens has won twice, drawn and lost once in their last four games at home this season
- Kawempe Muslim has not failed to score in all their 10 games scoring 23 in all competitions this season
- Kawempe’s Juliet Nalukenge who is the top scorer this season has managed to score against all the teams in Victoria Group but Ajax Queens in the last two seasons
- Ajax Queens sit fourth in Victoria Group with 13 points, six behind second placed Lady Doves
- Kawempe top Victoria Group with 25 points and a win against Ajax will make them the first team to reach playoffs this season
Muteesa 1 Royal vs Asubo Gafford – IUIU Kabojja
UCU Lady Cardinal vs Isra Soccer Academy – UCU Mukono
Ajax Queens vs Kawempe Muslim – Buddo
She Corporates vs Rines SS – MUBS Nakawa
Lady Doves vs Dynamic JJeza – Katushabe Stadium
Olila High Sch vs Kampala Queens – Olila Ground
Uganda Martyrs vs Bugiri Town View – Lubiri SS
Lango Queens vs Makerere University – Lira Town College