Muteesa 1 Royal University came from a goal down to salvage a point against Ajax Queens in the FUFA Women Elite League game played at Buddo SS on Saturday.
Ajax Queens scored first through a well taken free kick by skipper Phiona Nabbumba just eight minutes to the end of first half.
Margaret Namirimu scored the equaliser in the 63rd minute after Ajax defenders failed to clear Elizabeth Nakigozi’s cross.
Muteesa would have gotten the winner through Elizabeth Nakigozi but the flag was raised when she was left one on one with Ajax Queens’ shot stopper.
“Am very pleased with the performance of the players, we could have won this game in first half, but we also didn’t take our chances when we needed too,” Ajax Queens’ Michael Natima told www.football-256.com.
“Every point you drop affects your chances of playing in the playoffs but a point gained is much better than points lost,” he added.
Muteesa’s Augustine Walusimbi complained about the performance of the second assistant referee, which according to him denied them an opportunity to win the game.
“We could have got a winning goal but the assistant rose the flag for an offside which wasn’t.”
“But besides that, the game was good and we played with a lot of respect that’s why we had a bad first half and things improved in second half.
“Our chances of reaching the playoffs are still there, we must win against Lady Doves and a win against them will mean a lot,” Walusimbi said.
- Ajax has failed to win back to back games this season.
- Muteesa has failed to win a game in the second round with the last ending 0-0 against Uganda Martyrs
- Ajax’s 1-1 draw against Muteesa was their first draw in nine games this season
- Phiona Nabbumba’s goal was her second against Muteesa in the last three league games
- The draw means Ajax drop a place to fourth and Muteesa drop to fifth
Olila High School vs Lango Queens
Isra Soccer Academy vs Makerere University
Uganda Martyrs vs UCU Lady Cardinals