Kampala Queens stretched their lead on top of Elizabeth Group in the Fufa Women Elite League after scoring four past Town view on Saturday at Old Kampala playground.
They defeated Town View from Bugiri 4-0 to take their points tally to 18, three points clear of second placed UCU Lady Cardinals.
“The game was not so easy though we managed to score four goals. We were prepared than them that’s why we won the game,” Kampala Queens’ Faridah Bulega told www.football-256.com.
“Our target hasn’t changed, we are fighting to play playoffs and we want to achieve that as table leaders,” she added.
Monica Namwase gave the host a lead eleven minutes into the game after Town View goalkeeper Rose Bamanirize failed to do the needful.
Queens’ new signing Lilian Mutuuzo doubled the lead in emphatic style, she dribbled past the entire Town View back Line before finding the back of the net.
Zainah Namulema made it 3-0 for the home team from 12 yards after she was fouled in the forbidden area.
Damali Matama sealed it for the home team through a free kick from 12 yards, it was poorly read by the Town View custodian.
It was Town View’s second loss against Kampala Queens this season after the 4-2 loss in the first round in Bugiri. Coach Godfrey Mwambazi blamed the loss on the small pitch.
“The pitch was small which didn’t favor us on the day. Our chances to play in the league next season are very low I don’t see us doing that.”
“We are going to play all our remaining games because that is football and we will put up a fight,” Mwambazi added.
- Kampala Queens win against town view takes them to 18 points on top of Elizabeth group
- Town View’s loss against the Queens was their ninth of the season in nine games
- Kampala Queens’ 4-0 score against Town view takes them to twenty one goals making them the highest scoring team in Elizabeth Group
- Town View has never managed to keep a clean sheet this season conceding twenty five and scoring just six in nine games
- Kampala Queens has never failed to score a goal in the last nine games this season
- This was Kampala Queens’ third clean sheet in nine games, the first in second round
Olila High School vs Lango Queens
Isra Soccer Academy vs Makerere University
Uganda Martyrs vs UCU Lady Cardinals