Lady Doves went on to make history in their debut season again after storming the FUFA Women Elite League finals, their second in four days.
In a game played at Startimes stadium Lugogo the Masindi based side beat Kampala Queens 1-0 to complete the final fixture against UCU Lady Cardinals who beat kawempe Muslim 4-2 on the same day.
Midfielder Reticia Nabbosa scored the lone goal with her brilliant control which left many amazed of but thanks for a well chipped free kick from Maggie Kayima.
“We have prepared ourselves well because if you don’t prepare well you will get nothing,” Lady Doves caoch Oliver Mbekeka told www.football 256.com.
“I thank the director for the support and the fans who travelled all the way from Masindi to come and support the team but all thanks go back to the players who implemented what have been telling them in training,” she added.
- Lady Doves are the first team to play in the FUFA Women Elite League finals in their debut season
- Kampala Queens loss against Lady Doves was the first in the league but second in all competitions
- For the second consecutive season Kampala Queens fail to progress to the final
- Lady Doves’ win against Kampala Queens keeps them unbeaten this season
- Lady Doves shot stopper Daisy Nakaziro has managed to keep eight clean sheets in fifteen games this season